Re: manually looped

<<On a completely different note, i was wondering if any of you loopists
have
been exploring yet another natural extension of looping: playing the
loops
by hand in an ensemble setting? >>

I did. Theere was a time were I had no looping device.
I used them my AKAI multitrack recorder to record and mix what would
become a loop. I had then to "manually loop" the whole. ie play
everything. That gave a quite different flavour (more organic?).
Anyway, The  jam man made me lazy. I don't do that anymore. Was better
but really time consuming, and definitely impossible to use on stage,
not to mention unsuited for improvisation.

Olivier Malhomme