Digital recording

I sent this message out yesterday, but don't think it posted due to local
server problems.   So, I will post it again...

Thanks
Alan

Does anybody on the list have any experience with the Aark 20/20, made by
Aardvark?  This is a 10-in, 10-out (full duplex for Win 95), 20 bit audio
interface to the PC.  It has 10 quarter inch phone plug inputs, and also 10
similar outputs.  24 bit resolution, 80MPS.  It retails for somewhere
around
$500-600.

It seems to be good competition for the $1K Event Electronics Layla system.
The Aark 20/20 doesn't list the disclaimer that the Layla system does,
where
you have to have an Intel Pentium in order for it to work.  Furthermore,
the
Aark 20/20 claims compatibility with Sonic Foundry Soundforge, Cakewalk,
Cooledit Pro, and others, as does the Layla.

The Layla system includes Cool Edit Pro-Special Edition multitrack
recording/editing software, also includes Sonic Foundry's Sound Forge XP
4.0
graphic waveform editing/DSP effects software, plus Sonic Foundry's CD
Architect professional Redbook audio CD mastering software.

The price difference could be the included software that Layla has, but
Aark
20/20 apparently doesn't.