Re: Dumping and Loading EDP samples

It was written by someone:

> >I'm not quite sure about the channel. I have the echoplex set to MIDI
> >channel 1. I have the Akai on system exclusive channel 1. I know the
> >difference between Sysex channel and MIDI channel...
>
> Maybe the EDP is accepting the dump on any channel, but sending on a
> specific channel. I would have thought that if the EDP was set to channel
> 1, then it would send sysex out channel 1 and that the Akai would receive
> it OK. Maybe you can set the EDP sysex MIDI channel to a different
>channel
> than it's basic MIDI channel, I don't know I'm just guessing all this.

It is my understanding that SysEx data is not channelized - no conecpt
of MIDI channels for SysEx as there is for note and controller data.
So if Sample Dump data is a subset of SysEx then the EDP should accept
a sample dump regardless of it's midi channel setting.  Likewise, when
it sends a Sample Dump it sould be received at the other other without
regards to MIDI channel settings.

If I'm wrong please correct me (but gently).