Fwd: idea/new feature

Dear Kim,

        Let us not forget that the processor itself also is kind enough to
tell
people out there on the net exactly where you are, and to some extent who.
Intel finally caught up with Apple on that one unfortunately.  Glad to see
that AMD did not follow suit and is doing more in making their hardware and
firmware more compatible and conducive to working with Linux.
        We also won't get into a discussion on why phone call prices are
sky-
rocketing when they should be plummeting; again it deals with ignorance on
the
part of the US consumer and it's irrational fear of technology and/or
changes
to the existing technology.

        It all gets back to information and the dissemination thereof.  On
a more
musical note, remember how many pieces of equipment out there use the
floppy
disk drive from either the IBM or Apple side of the fence.  How many
pieces of
equipment made such a choice and have then switched sides over the years?
Akai, comes to mind on this issue.  USB, it seems is the new format to jump
upon and is supposed to be making it's way to synthesizers near us.  Let
alone
the SCSI IIIUW hardware compliancy.

        Oh well, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth on this one.

        Tchus,

                Lee-ohki.

In a message dated 2/19/99 2:40:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,