Help with "Click to LED"circuits and more..

Hi all,

Hopefully there's someone on the list who can help...
I want to convert the click output of my DrumKAT to the flash of an LED,
(so
I don't have to monitor the click in headphones) & I need help in building
"click to LED flash" circuit.

I've done a bunch of soldering (mostly making needles in a tattoo shop!)
but
don't know a thing beyond simple switches...

While were at it - how about designing a "click to footswitch tap" so
the clock from my KAT can drive the TAP Tempo of my Vortex? Call me lazy
but
I thought it might be cool...

Thanks,

John