RE: Devices versus computers for live looping

I highly agree with this point, that there should be no difference when
regarding how a loop is created, whether via a dedicated hardware device
such as the EDP, or some new-fangled software program in a laptop computer
maybe two years down the road.  Bottom line here is the user interface.
Kind of it doesn't matter which car you get into:  All cars have a gas
pedal, a break pedal, a transmission control and a speed gauge -- you do
the
rest.  If only looping devices were so similarly configured!  On the other
hand, we are in a period of discovery, I think, when hardware and software
developers are getting a feel for what are the best controls to have, what
are the controls that matter most.
        As for the mantra qualities of a loop, I thought I liked looping
precisely
because of the interaction between many signals producing a total signal
which is equal to more than just the sum of the parts.  Maybe that's too
many words to say that, but, bottom line, there is a curious transcendence
when faced with what you play coming back in the loop, and then being faced
with how that affects you and what you play next.  Not only does the first
signal sound different, now <I>you</I> feel different.
        It does remind me of how different I feel driving down the highway
at 55mph
than when I'm driving down the highway doing 80mph.  (Hey, nobody saw me or
heard me talk about this.)
        There must be something similar in speed and looping.