Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V99 #101

I agree with you on the overuse of computers in the live format. I've been
to enough shows of just a guy on stage in front of a laptop clicking a
mouse, you know, where the guy composed all of his tracks at home and just
switches them on and off on stage. I don't get any entertainment from
that.
Don't get me wrong, I'm really impressed with a lot musicians using
computers to make recorded music, especially because they give the
musicians the chance to add tracks when they're inspired, not just when
their studio time is scheduled.
When I pay $10 to go to a show, I want to see a creative act, not just
folks playing all of the songs saved on thier hard drives.

matt

Alright...kudos to Matt!!! I'm in agreement with U about live performance.

Don't really see the point in paying money to see someone on stage
"playing" their computer...what's the point, right?

Bob