Anyone using Minidisc for looping?

I'm considering getting a Minidisc recorder and seem to remember hearing
that they can be used for looping bya combination of precise track ID
placement, repeat mode & the anti-skip memory feature ( whatever it's
called...)

Of course the salesman at the local Circuit City took 5 minutes to figure
out how the disc went in!
Imagine his confusion when I asked if he knew about editing track id's...

If anyone out there is doing this or knows where I can get some definite
info on the subjec,  please let me know.

Thanks,

jmw