Minidisc for loops

My first minidisc recorder was the Sony MZ1 (the portable that was the
size of a housebrick
and ran for an hour or so on the battery). Even though you should
theoretically have been
able to set up loops on it using the anti-shock memory as the loop buffer,
in practice there
was always a horrid little click or hiccough at the start/end point of the
loop. It was great for
recording loops for later use though.

I've just gotten a Sharp MS701, and it has an optional mode for recording
148 minutes of
mono sound - perfect for recording a couple of hours worth of playing
wiith the JamMan
(mono out !) and playing around with it later.

- Tony