AW: An obscure looping tool that I need.

matt wrote,

> Once upon a time there was a remote control for my 10 year old Sony CD
> player (CDP 570). This remote had a few really useful functions not
> available on the unit itself. There was a really cool function called
> "set loop B>A" that would allow you to set two points on the disc, and
> when the reader reached the second point, it would go back to the first.
> My question is: Does anybody know where I can get a replacement remote
> with this function, or if any new CD players have this function?

some CD players used to have this function. I have a cheap old one called
STZ HCD-370 which has A-B repeat.

The problem is that the repeat on CD players isn't seamless - there is
always a very short pause in between. If you want such a function, you'd
be
better off with a Minidisc player which can do really seamless looping,
and
are cheaper and more versatile.

*       Michael Peters:         mpeters@csi.com
*       escape veloopity:               electronic guitar loop music
*       hop - fractals in motion:       strange attractors
*       http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Mpeters