RE: Any Video Loopers?

Hello Jim & Loopers,

Regarding: Loopers-Delight-d Digest Volume 99 : Issue 103
From: Jim Bailey      Subject: RE: Any Video Loopers?

It would be possible to do video looping today, if you:
        - could locate two 1/2" reel-to-reel video machines in excellent
working
           condition; as well as some 1/2" reel-to-reel video tapes
        - could customize existing equipment to your specifications
        - had access to some commercial(1" or 2") video machines (which
I've never
           had the opportunity to try) (this was suggested to me by Bob
Henry)

It's hard to literarily describe what unsynced video looks like, but it's
an
unstable, horizontally scanning, messed up image (i don't know if that
description does you any good?)! I have on many occasions used this type
image
in video art pieces, & have much footage that I've never used. I haven't
had
access to 1/2" video equipment in 16 years, so I haven't seen any of this
footage in a long time. I did get all my best reel-to-reel video art pieces
transferred to 3/4" & 1/2" video; and have even done some video art in
recent
years that used fouled up, unsynced video images.

Much of the computer images on my website are an extension of my video
art. I
did produce a short bit of animation of the "kaliedomandalascopic" piece,
but
need a newer mac to really do what I want. (I'm currently working on a
'vintage' Mac IIci!)

I've included a graphic diagram of my basic video loop system, as an
attached
file.
I hope this doesn't cause a problem for the Digest.

loopingly yours,
Stevo Wolfson - Electronic Media Artist
sTeVo iN yR sTuDiO   (visual)
Pupaum   (audio)