Maybe the death of backing up loops

Saving loops on hard disk or whatever sounds less interesting to me than
it could have been several years ago.

Before designing my DJRND2, I designed a prototype with a SCSI hard
disk. Its first capacity was 350Mbytes. The disk was full up in the next
couple of years. Then I bought another disk with a capacity of 3Giga
bytes. And Now ... nothing else : it stays in my cupboard.

I have recorded so many loops that when I play some of them twice a
year, its sounds just like a souvenir, photos of my last holidays.

Now, performance for me is rather in the ease of recording perfect loops
on live than saving them and try to do something more afterwards.

I have more pleasure to play with my DJ looper to cycle live phrases and
improvise their mixing while recording the result on MD, than backing up
the same loops I can immediately, perfectly and easily cycle again
afterwards.