re: an idea

I think the tape thing is a great idea. Count me in. I could contribute to
a tape pretty easily. MP3's would sound better and would be easier to
compile, but I'm still trying to figure out how to make them. (My roommate
has the program, I just can't figure out how to work it.) I also don't
know if my little college server will allow me to send an mp3 sized file.
The cool thing about tapes is that it would allow the folks without
computers to contribute, and we could do several different tapes, that is
if we can take the tape noise.

 We could also do one of those
"remix-a-thons" where one person includes
his original track, a second person remixes it, the third person remixes
the remix, and so on. This isn't really do-able on cassette tape, though.
The tenth track would have like 10 million layers of looped tape noise.

matt