Re: edp feature?

At 4:02 PM -0800 3/22/99, b.knox wrote:
>hey all...
>
>am i right in thinking that the edp stores info about "cycles" as well
>as "loops" (ie. a loop is made of however many cycles)?

right. a basic loop is one cycle, using multiply or insert adds cycles.

> if so wouldn't
>it be a cool feature to be able to start a cycle... multiply it... and
>then when overdubbing "select" whether that overdub is "plain" or itself
>multiplied to occupy the corresponding position in each cycle of the
>loop? that way you could say turn a (say) 1 bar phrase into a 4 bar
>phrase...have overdubs that overlay the 4 bar phrase... and also
>overdubs that build each of the 1 bar phrases within.. is this already
>possible? Kim?

well, you could do this by doing the overdub first, and then multiplying so
that the overdub is multiplied. But after the multiply is done, you can't
have an overdub go immediately to all of the cycles. Interesting idea, but
I think figuring out how to put that choice in the current interface would
be too confusing. In any case, we couldn't really manage this in the
current architecture.... something to think about for the future.

kim