Re: steinberger and GK2a

mike barlow wrote:

> I know this may be a little off topic, but it concerns my main looping
> axe-a Steinberger GM series with trans trem. I want and now can probably
> afford to put in a Roland GK2A synth pickup-but where does the little
> controller box go? My guitar tech says the internal version will take up
> even more internal landscape than i've got. Any experiences/advise/
> screams of offtopicness? any and all help/direction would be greatly
> appreciated.

I use this set up myself and the solution that I've found is to place
the control "body" on the back of the guitar‹i.e. opposite the pick-up
selection switches. Placing this device here is the only sensible
option for this type of guitar. It entails being able to operate the
bank switchs and guitar/synth switch w/o seeing them, which I find to
be no problem. However‹where the guitar/synth selector rubs against my
body, it occasionaly switches by itself. If you use volue pedals to
control your guitar and synth volumes then you can just tape this
switch in the "blend" position.
Best luck
Dave