jam man question

Just got my Jam Man after 3 months of waiting!  I am however, having a problem. It responds fine to the analog footswitches, but I can't get it to recognize my MIDI controller. I have an RFX Midibuddy (MP128P).  I have the Jam Man to receive channel 1. I have the RFX to send on channel 1, but there is no response whatsoever. I really want to use the MIDI controller so I don't have to scroll through the functions with the regular switches. I've checked the MIDI cable, and the controller works fine with my other processor. Is there some secret to getting this thing to work? Please help, after so long a wait to get this machine I want to use it! Thank you...............CQ

www.jigglethehandle.com