RE: Digitech,DOD Series PDS,RDS

While were on this topic, I want to ask a question that I may have posed
once before but never gotten an answer to.  I use a Roland FS-1 footswitch
on my RDS 4.0 open and close a loop for overdubbing.  It takes 1.5 presses
on the switch to get the RDS to either open or close the loop.  I expected
that it would only require me to step on the switch once and I could either
overdub or hold the loop indefinitely.  Any solutions to this.