Fw: sound processing ideas

>OK, I'm stuck.  I've got experimental musicians' block.
>
>What ways are there to completely mangle a sound, to make them sound
>completely different (without ruining them to the point that the pitch
>or timing is ruined), by unfairly abusing fairly run of the mill
>effects?

Try running one or more EQs in parallel and set each one with a strange or
unnatural EQ.  For example, try cutting all frequencies that make your
instrument sound natural, then boost one very narrow frequency.

You might also want to try experimenting with very short delay times (1-10
milliseconds) with the feedback or regeneration control cranked up quite a
bit.

Mark Kata