EMUSIC Playlist

                        Playlist for "EMUSIC"

"Emusic," an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.
http://www.wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html

                Show #115               May 20, 1999.
                Host: Bill Fox          http://www.wdiyfm.org
                billfox@fast.net

On this show, I continued the month-long focus on the North East Art
Rock Festival (NEARfest).  Space music and Progressive rock share some
common ancestry and musical cross pollination which continues to this
day.   When I began EMUSIC, I promised that I wouldn't totally abandon
the audience of Jim Ferrani's show Deep Cuts, the Art and Progressive
Rock program which used to occupy this time slot.  This focus on
NEARfest fulfills that promise.

Special guest Chad Hutchinson, webmaster of the Ghostland web site and
Vice President of NEARfest presented the music of the bands to be
appearing at the inaugural NEARfest.

        Ghostland     :  http://ghostland.com
        NEARfest      :  http://ghostland.com/nearfest
        EMUSIC Focus  :  http://www.wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/focus.html

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:00 pm
Tangerine Dream         Phaedra                  Phaedra (Virgin)
Meg Bowles              Ancestral Ground         From the Dark Earth
(Kumatone)
Robert Rich             Coils                    Seven Veils (Hearts of
Space)
Robert Carty            Gravitation              Darklight (Deep Sky)
Ian Boddy/Markus Reuter PresentationOfAnOffering Distant Rituals (DiN)
Rad. Mass. Int.         30 Years                 Borrowed Atoms (Centaur)

12:00 am
Nathan Mahl             Clever Use of Shadows    Clever Use of Shadows
(none)
Nathan Mahl             Orgasmik Outburst II     Clever Use of Shadows
(none)
Mastermind              Ride of the Valkyrie     Volume 2: Brainstorm (ZNR)
Mastermind              On the Road By Noon      Excelsior! (Inside Out)
Spock's Beard           Gibberish                Day for Night (Radiant)
Spock's Beard           The Light                The Light (Syn-Phonic)
Synergy                 Synergy                  Electronic Realizations
for
                                                   Rock Orchestr (Polgram)
Synergy                 Disruption of World      Cords (Polygram)
                          Communications *
1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

On the next EMUSIC, I will conclude the month-long focus on the North East
Art Rock Festival (NEARfest) with special guest Chad Hutchinson.  The
Feature CD at Midnight will return in June.

Please visit the WDIY web site and navigate through the schedule to the
EMUSIC pages.  Playlists for every show are there.  Hot links to artists
and labels can be found in the monthly focus section.