Jamman help w/ cakewalk sync

Hi folks, I can't seem to get cakewalk to transmit or receive Midi clock.
I'm pretty sure it's not the interface for my jamman controls my Rebirth
fine. I've recently moved from CW3 to CW8 but I don't remember ever using
clock messages to control anything. What i am trying to do it is take
loops
that I have dumped from the Jamdude to Cooledit(or Cakewalk, I'm just used
to CE), then sync them to new loops. I realize life would be much simpler
if
I had a EDP with that UNDO function but I won't even try for a few months
from what I understand about the status of new units. Basically that's the
idea though, to be able add a loop then remove it if desired.
Any help, much appreciated
Dennis