Re: Opcode is not telling

At 18:12 -0700 5/26/99, Allan Hoeltje wrote:
> As per a pervious suggestion, I visited the Opcode web page and sent a
>note to
> their information department (copied below).  Their brief response
>"Opcode is
> not handling any Oberheim products" adds to the EDP mystery.  Could the
>person
> who responded be out of the loop (argh) or is Opcode realy not the new
>EDP
> distributor for Gibson/Oberheim as has been mentioned here at Loopers
>Delight?

Well, on issues like this, the person answering the phone or email probably
has the correct answers.  They do generally know what's for sale and
shipping.

Front-line customer service/support people don't tend to know much about
future product plans.  Programmers and even managers don't always know
either! :)  (are all sufficiently large organizations like this?  I dunno)
On top of that, sometimes plans change.

Doug
who used to work for Opcode