Re: Zoom 2100

Larry Clinton asked:-

>Is anyone using the Zoom 2100 unit for looping, or at all? I haven't been
>able to find anything about it except the catalog write-ups.

I purchased the 2100 a few weeks ago to use mainly as a looping device.
There are 4 ways to create loops in real time:-

1.      The Jam Play mode allows up to three 5 second samples. (Not
        that effective actually, as the sampled 'phrases' cut out rather
        abruptly when the foot trigger is released!)

2.      Sampler - Up to 32 second sampling, with a basic Timestretch
        feature. (Although this is a useful feature it isn't really
        any good for live looping, as there are no overdub facilities.)

3.      Ping-Pong Delay - Although not 'infinite' you can create
        pp delays of up to 10 seconds with massive feedback times. (This
        effect can also be combined with other internal fx to create
        interesting textures.)

4.      Sound-On-Sound -  Although limited to 6 seconds tops, this
        feature allows the user to either overdub parts or simply play
        along with the main loop. (Again, this feature can incorporate
        other effects, which can be tweaked in real time via the front
        panel.)

I chose this unit over the Akai Headrush, and would recommend it for the
Sound-On-Sound feature alone. Excellent value for money.

Incidentally, you can download the full manual from the UK Zoom
website:-

http://zoom.co.jp/english/home/html

Cheers,

Lee Fletcher