Re: more on Kyma.....

Matthias Grob wrote:

> This is a posting of  Jim Coker <jcoker@interaccess.com> in '97. I just
> stumbeled over it and liked it and since we had talk about this going, I
> repost it.
>
> >> Jim answered me:
[ big snip ]

Hi Matthias.  Give me a couple days to get things under control,
and I'll post a reply to my original post to see what I still
agree with. I'll also give some details about looping w/ Kyma
and Kim can put that up at the looper site.

I'm busy preparing an application for:

[clipped from an emf.org mailing]
*Summer Media Institute / Techne and Eros: Human Sensory Space and the
Machine, in Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA), July 5 - August 14, will include
six separate, one-week workshops conducted by six major figures in the
media arts and sciences: Joan La Barbara, Steina Vasulka, Morton
Subotnick,
David Dunn, Woody Vasulka, and physicist Jim Crutchfield. The essential
issue for each workshop is the interaction between humans, machines, and
the physical spaces they occupy. Techne and Eros is directed toward
participants already involved in electronic media as art, preferably
practicing artists who are interested in further exploring the
relationship
between art and science, music and performance. Deadline coming up. And
note that there are some scholarships available.

          http://mediainstitute.csf.edu
          http://www.santafe.edu/~woodyv

Applications must be postmarked by tomorrow (june 5), so if any looper's
are interested they have to rush.  The main draw for me is Subotnick. At
the media institute site, there are links to Morton's home page.

Jim (formerly of interaccess.com, now of magelang.com,
soon to be of jguru.com (magelang is changing it's name)) Coker