Re: It just goes...

Has anyone tried writing the "silence" in a song first? It works very well
and allows others to place sound in between the silence. You can do it on a
2 track or a nice digital/GUI. When starting they will use a noise source
and a silence generator to distinguish between the void of nothingness. The
noise can be used as a temporary fix to establish; what is silence and what
is not. Another method employed is the use of actual time code to establish
where the silence is. A simplified version could be done with trigger waves
or pulses to determine the on and off the silent material. Remember most
things are about perceiving what is clearly not there. We just need more
masters of perception. Try and make a funky loop "without" those musical
gaps of silence.

Best regards,
Daniel