Re: John Cage recordings and what's in a name...

I'm opposed to classifying music at all.  Except perhaps for country
music.
I use the term "soundscape", although I'd rather say ambient.
Unfortunately
the E'd up ravers of the 90's have changed the meaning of ambient music.
Although I have had ravers call what I do "chill-out" music.  I must say
like that better than "looper music" or "loop music".  Than sounds too
much
like some new hot MTV term for a type of music that comes with its own
required dress code.

As for Mr Cage...classical?  Maybe modern classical?  Or experimental.
Avant Garde?  Does it matter?