Now in my day...(analog looping etc)

Hi all

I noticed the following on BBC Radio 3's site, describing last Saturday's
Mixing It programme. Anyone else looping like this?!

Cheers

David
<http://www.mp3.com/davidcooperorton>
From
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/factsheets/mixing_itn.shtml>

Philip Jeck is best known for his work "Vinyl Requiem"
with Lol Sargent (a performance for 180 dansette record
players, 12 slide-projectors and 2 movie-projectors) which
won the Time Out Performance Award in 1993. His most
recent work "Surf" (Touch Records) continues to explore
the possibilities of seemingly outmoded analogue
techniques, creating many of the loops and samples from
his collection of old vinyl. "With looped records or looped
tapes the rhythmic structure looks after itself" says Jeck.
"I listen to the sound and change the tone controls actually
on the record players. And I really only use two effects - an
old cheap reverb which goes wrong occasionally and a
guitar delay pedal. I just fiddle around controls until it
sounds right."