Looping genres

Recently, there has been much talk on the list about classifying loop
music,
John Cage, etc.  I started to think about a genre of music where looping
is a
common practice: Hip-Hop.  I have not seen rap music discussed on the list
and I was wondering what everyone thought.  I think it is pretty safe to
say
that everybody on this list is into looping.  What does everyone think of
hip-hop?  I started to think about it this morning while listening to "It
Was
A Good Day" by Ice Cube.  I thought to myself: "That is a great little
guitar
loop."  I quickly realized why I like rap so much (other than for those
fun
rhymes and phat beats).  I'm just curious.

Sam Paterson