Loopy Mood I'm In

I'm in a goofy mood today.  So inhale...

Jim Carter said:
> I Heard an interview with Brian Eno on Radio 4 (UK quality radio)
> this morning representing the Society for the Extended Present
> (or something similar) who are deticated to increasing the
> attention span.

I lost interest and moved on to another matter...   ;-)

Hold it...

> please do not post personal data [address, phones and email] on any
>public
> place
>
>  FORM A
>  A. "ABSOLUTELY 100% COMMITED TO BUY AN EDP IF I CAN FIND ONE" ORDERS
>FORM
>
>  Please provide the following details in the following format:
>
>  A. NAME:sandro scoccia

Let's all call Sandro... using 1-800-COLLECT to save him money!  ;-)

Hold it...

Dr. Michael S. Yoder said:
> Actually, whatever happened to that category called "C.I.", or
> "contemporary instrumental" that was supposed to be pushed by the record
> companies about five years ago?  They seemed in words (if not in deeds)

CI has become a sub-genre of the New Age moniker.  New Age is the
dumping ground for not-rock, not-pop, not-jazz, not-classical,
not-soundtrack-or-musical, not-country, not-comedy, not-*...  You get
the picture!

Hold it...

Dennis Leas said:
> Too many times, however, the classification is used to define the music
>and
> musician.  As if to say, "This music is X and nothing else."  and "All
>music
> must be X or not-X (can't be both!)"  According to this narrow view,
>once a
> rocker always a rocker, for example.

Hey!  I like BOTH kinds of music... Country AND Western!  Seriously
though, some artists get around being pigeon-holed by using a different
pseudonym (pen name, nom de plume, alias) for each different genre they
explore.  If more than one genre sells big-time, then they can let the
cat out of the bag and rerelease all this stuff under one name, get
labeled a prolific genius who knows no boundaries, and REALLY rake it in
and release whatever they want!  (So long as it sells!)

> Contrary to this, most musicians I know enjoy a wider variety of music
>than
> non-players.  So in reality, playing music broadens your viewpoint, not
> narrows it.

A landscape architect uses many types of plants.  But we musicians are
supposed to know and create only one type of music?  Shit, you name a
popular genre and I've probably performed it at one point or another!
Folk, rock, country, blues, gospel, pop, classical, bluegrass, jazz,
traditional, avant-garde.  I imagine that most of the members of LD can
say the same.

Hold it...

Javier Miranda V. said:
> I'm saying it is "indeed a physical phenomena."  What is time?  What is
> reality?  We know from A. Einstein, may he rest in peace, even if we
>don't
> fully understand, that time is different whether you're standing still or
> moving at very fast speeds.

And time flies when you're having fun.  It's a perception thing.  Of
course, it is well documented that your state of mind can affect your
physical state.

OK, exhale!  ...What a rush, man!!

Bill     >>> home: billfox@fast.net <<<     work: billfox@lucent.com
Host of Emusic, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
My radio show:  http://www.wdiyfm.org
My band's site: http://www.crosswinds.net/~shadowplay
"Alas, one must merely be entertained by the sheer pig ignorance of music
industry people, which is as constant as the stars in heaven.  One then
must
be as constant in their drive to create, despite such inane forces."
Stephen Goodman * Loopers-Delight-d Digest V99 Issue #219

"Those little boys don't think too much about what they say... (And how
can they know what they mean before they hear what they say?)"
- Heike M. Madder * Gold-Tri email list