Re:AudioMulch live

Hi

>The MOTU 2408 is excellent. That allows you to use auxilliaries on
>AudioMulch - lucky man.

you need just a multioutput audio card... try a Gina... I had it for a
while
and it's a great card (2 ins/8 outs, I/O spdif).

I use a very old Turtle Beach tahiti card which
>is quite clean but has developed a DC offset over the last year. Turtle
>Beach don't seem interested in telling me how to cure it or even if it's
>possible. Still for live its ok. In the studio I use digital only.
>I plug my Strat and an old hawaian guitar which my wife bought me for 30
>quid from a secondhand shop. It has a bass e string and some rubber
>mutes attatched. I play it with a violin bow and an Ebow. It's my own
>idea and sounds quite unlike a guitar - especially after its been
>through AM!

interesting... any audio file on the web?

>I'm very influenced by Indian, and Middle Eastern music as well as North
>African stuff and my live set is the bastard son of impressionistic,
>electronically processed extended guitar and the above Ethnic influences
>- not bad for a Welshman eh :)
>This RMX thing sounds cool. I take it you're firing samples/ keyboard
>stuff??

I'm (was???) a bassist/stick player, with a great interest in sampling,
sound designing, HD recording, etc.
The RM1x is a great thing for live control/playing... it's mainly a
sequencer with great live features... plus a tons of internal sounds to use
it as external expander...
I've bought it after testing the unit for the mag I write for (same thing
for the MOTU2408.... ;) ) and it's a great tool to play complex MIDI
sequences all in real time. IMO the best live hardware sequencer on the
market at the moment...

I notice Doepfer have brought a unit out with 64 assignable midi
>control knobs which sounds interesting. I'm running out of foot
>controllers since I can't really take my hands off the guitar during
>performance. I'm thinking of running a sequencer program alongside AM so
>that I can generate a MIDI data track which changes various things
>automatically during the piece. The sequencer I normally use is VST but
>this is very resource hungry and probably overkill for this application.
> I don't suppose anyone knows of a simple sequencer capable of recording
>a few tracks of controller data, preferably with the ability to trigger
>individual sequences spontaneously? :) I might check out some of these
>algorithmic utilities that you see dotted around the net.
>
>I use a standard desktop PC for live work. I don't mind living
>dangerously and, (so far) no problems at all.

for me a PC on stage is a big pain in the arse...
firstly because I should unmount all my studio (the PC is the recording,
sampling and editing centre) and then because I'm still not too confident
in
its stability...

>Incidenatally you can get Xverb, (free) from the URL I posted a week or
>so back.

could you repost it?

>Sorry for the long email.
>If others find this irrelevant then I'll email you privately.

ciao
leo