Re: sp202/boomerang answer

>>I need to get a Smart Media card for my Dr. Sample.
>>Does anyone know which brand is best for the
>>application? Also, does the Dr. Sample accept cards
>>larger than 4 meg?
>>
>AFAIK, you need the specific Roland cards for the SP-202. I bought a Smart
>Media card from a camera shop whenI first got my SP, and it wouldn't fit,
>the SP requires a card with the left corner clipped (looking at the side
>with the contacts), and all the generic cards I could find had the right
>corner clipped. Had to special order the Roland brand card, and it took a
>couple of weeks, but the cost was actually a bit less than the generic
>cards.

I also went to a camara shop to no avail. Luckily I had the manual for the SP 202 with me and noticed the corner cut issue. However I did find the appopriate 4MB Smart Media Card at a CompUSA. It is made by Toshiba TC5832DC. I picked this up about a year ago, but I recall it being around $30 less than the Roland Card.

Fingerpaint's New Release:

IN THE LOOP

... an intelligent, stimulating mixture of mimimaist spacebeats and
obscure samples layered upon a hypnotic illbient backdrop.

DIGITAL ARTIFACT # 12

http://www.fingerpaint.net