Re: random tone, and midi data generators

I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you're talking about, but you
might enjoy the Koan generative software by SSEYO. <http://www.sseyo.com/>
It's used by Jamuud of Loop Guru, Brian Eno, etc.

Also, I've seen some mention of using fractal software for sound
generation, but haven't tried it myself. Try a search of the fractal sites,
and you might find something along those lines.

Tim