RE: backing solo performances

I've used a Roland MC 303 groove box for drums/sequences since Jan 98 when
trouble making drummer needed to be replaced...and its worked fine.  No
one's ever complained about it.  Surprised by it perhaps.  Then I grew up
in
Toronto as a teenager who was amazed by NASH THE SLASH, electric violinist
who's live solo performances were supported by a battery of old analog
stuff, drum machines and Crumar Multiman bass pedals.  so it makes sense
me.  If what you do sucks it won't matter whether you have an beatbox or
an
orchestra.