Re: MAX and PC's

At 08:38 PM 7/13/99 -0400, you wrote:

>in my recent inquries on random midi and pitch stuff ive gotten >alot of
>feedback on MAX
>now as far as i know this is a strictly mac thing
>is there any pc equivalent?

Keykit is probably the most powerful, flexible PC equivalent, but
you might also want to look at a program called Building Blocks --
http://www.midiworld.com/AuReality.

Intel ports of Max/MSP are rumored to be coming soon for both NT and BeOS,
though I've heard nothing lately.

I finally retired my tired old 68k Mac, upgraded to a G3/400, and took a
look at MAX 3.5 plus MSP -- I can definitely see what all the fuss is about
-- this is a *very* potent and flexible combination :-).

rob