Re: OT: Distortion (thanks!)

Hey all -

I can't BELIEVE the response I got from that question.  It's going to take
me a while to read all the emails and digest the info.  thanks to all.

It turns out, however, that I discovered that I unfairly maligned the pedal
I own (danelectro overdrive - "daddy'o", I think ).  Once I abandoned all
consideration for the neighbors, I realized that I can get a lot of good
sounds out of it.  I listened to the rat, turbo rat and boss heavy metal,
and the boss pedal was the only one of those 3 that might have been giving
me something different, as far as I could tell.   The aesthics of the rat
pedal are more appealing to me than the '50s look of the danelectro, but I
think the high mid and bass knobs are a bonus on that pedal.   No doubt I
will become more of a fuzz conoisseur in the future and crack out all the
emails to do some distorion pedal shopping.

Now I'm just saving for the echoplex and a microsynth.  Then I'll be set
for a while.  Out of curiosity (and as long as everyone is feeling
helpful), are there any rack units that do what the microsynth does for not
TOO much more?  It seems like a drag to have to twiddle all those little
sliders to switch between sounds....

MT