Re: guitar synth effects

> >>Out of curiosity (and as long as everyone is feeling
> >>helpful), are there any rack units that do what the microsynth does

> I don't know of any unit, rack or pedal, that
> does what the microsynth does, with different waveforms, envelopes, etc.

Well this is true IMO mostly because the microsynth has so much in it:

- awesome square wave fuZZZZ
- Octaves (independant UP,Normal,Down sliders
- Attack/delay envelope (makes "backwards" simulations)
- Raspy filter with cutoff and rez sliders plus two sliders for
independant envelope settings (Up/Down sweep)
- assorted trigger settings

There is no box with all this in it but if you look at pedals there are
other ways to do it with only a few compromises:

BOSS - SYB3 (Bass sytehsizer pedal with multiwaveforms, autowah up down,
knobs for decay and ctu/rez, etc)
BOSS - OC2 octaver - Octave down and two octs down.
BOSS - FZ2 - FuZZZ with three fuzz settings and very sweepable two band
EQ

Now all this new will cost you about the same as the reissue EH
Microsynth these days but used it's pretty cheap and of course you can
substitue other ocatvers, distortions, etc with what you may already
have. Plus if you're making a chain of FX you can have a little more
control on each one and add other things.

Someone mentioned Ring modulators. if you can pick it up the now defunct
DOD Gonkulator is an awesome atonal song magler with a decent generic
distortion built in. Thrw that in the above chain or add a flanger or
delay pedal and you're stylin' in a way many synths sound if you
use/abuse them right(or wrong).

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.