Re: ATTN: Bassists

Check out http://www.digitalrain.net/bowed/.  Although it's geared towards
electric violins, it has a comprehensive list of electric stringed
instrument makers.  Some of these also manufacture electric upright basses
(Starfish, Zeta, Jensen, NS, etc.).  I can't really make any
recommendations on electric basses since I don't play bass, but in
comparison to some of the other luthiers/makers out there, Zeta's violins
and cellos are not quite up to snuff for the $$$ they charge (this is my
opinion of course, some people love them).  I would play one before you
decide to buy one.

L. Stafford

At 03:16 PM 7/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Is there anyone out there who has experience with or knows the pros and
>cons of the Zeta EB304 "Educator Bass," a hybrid bass guitar/upright bass?
>If so, please share your thoughts with me.  Please feel free to write to
>me
>personally:  myoder@tamiu.edu
>
>>From the pictures, it looks like it might be an awesome bass instrument
>for
>looping and other purposes!
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Best,
>Michael Y.

Lorren Stafford
Richard For Cerebellum/A Most Happy Sound
http://www.winternet.com/~r4c

"We ask ourselves whether truly this is the beginning
of a new world or whether perhaps the world...is about
to perish.  There are people who earnestly and seriously
fear this, where music becomes the slave of the machine..."