Portland gig

Let me break the silence around here with a bit of blatent self-promo, if
I may.

My band Minus will be playing in Portland this friday, July 23, at the
Tugboat Brewpub, 711 SW Ankeny, just off Broadway. The music starts at 9,
and there's no cover, though donations will be gladly accepted. This is our
first Portland gig in over a year.

Minus is a multi-directional power trio, consisting of Mark France on
guitar, myself on bass and electronics, and Henry Franzoni on drums. Our
stuff ranges from free improvisation to Black Sabbath covers. There will be
2 JamMen and a Boomerang, for those keeping loop-device score-cards.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra