Loopers Delight Digest?

Dear all (especially Kim),
                                Is anyone threre?  I don't think I've had
a digest since Monday.  Has
everyone gone on holiday?

Whilst I'm here, some longer-resident loopers will recall that every so
often I'd rave about Ed Alleyne-Johnson, a looping electric violinist from
Liverpool.  He constructs fugue-like pieces using an old 8-sec Digitech
delay (see how useful they can be!!!).  It's absolutely gorgeous.  Anyway,
now evidence can be found of this - there are samples, and a distributor,
on
the WWW.  Go to:

http://spasm.redcat.org.uk/~graham/alleyne-johnson/

Sadly the samples are too short to really get the looping going, but they
give a good idea of the flavour of music involved.  Not so keen on the
recent vocal stuff, tho.

Mike Hughes, Ph.D.               Tel: (+44) 1483 300800 x2344
Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering,    Fax: (+44) 1483 306039
University of Surrey,            EMail: m.hughes@surrey.ac.uk
Guildford, Surrey, UK    www.surrey.ac.uk/MME/Research/BioMed

winmail.dat