Re: New looping pedal--Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler.

>Well, you can always zero all the presets on an effects box and start from
>zero...

Good point, and I often evaluate pedals precisely from this perspective. If
the pedal colors the sound when it's doing "nothing" then it's decidedly
biased in that direction. Also, I like to A-B a pedal with the "unpedaled",
totally bypassed signal. This is particularly important for looping tools,
which should merely record and spew back unless you ask them to do
otherwise.
>>     All that I would add to my original comment is that I wish these
>> companies would come up with a *blank canvas* approach, rather than a
>> "retro" anything or "future" anything or "Saturnine chakra massage"
>> anything. My fave-rave FX and amps are those which, with a minimum of
>> settings, get the widest range of expression. Dinky smudge-colors from
>> ancient stomp boxes are way cool, to be sure, but give me the wide open
>> nothingness of infinite possibility any day. I also understand that from
>> marketing standpoint, this approach is really difficult to sell (no one
is
>> prepared to buy blank canvases because no one sells blank canvases
because
>> no one buys blank canvases....). But this negative-loop reciprocality
>can
be