RE: Leo, Help!

Hello Leo and any other VST Gurus on this list,

(for all others, sorry for being off topic)

I've recently upgraded my VST24(PC) to 3.7 version.
Under "VST instrument", there is "NEON" synth which
is very interesting.

Has any companies released any other VST Instruments?
If so, which synths and drum machine softwares do you
recommend?

(Sorry to bother you but I thought I would consult
the Cubase Guru in this matter)

If I remember correctly, you are "Mac" system user,
using a MOTU.
I'm using Layla with my PC.
During a play, when I bring up the Layla mixing board,
the sound (play) is interrupted (but visually still running).

I had upgraded the ASIO from Event Electronics,
from 4.03 to 4.05 but it did not help.

Running Acid Pro or Sound Forge, there is no interruption
when I bring up the Layla Mixing board.

My system has PII 450, 128 SDRAM, 11.1 G HD so
I don't think that my system is the problem.
I've sent couple of emails to Event Elect. but they did
not respond as of today.

One more thing Leo.

I've added a Matrox G400 DualHead card to the system
in order to enjoy having 2 monitors for page-heavy softwares
such as the Cubase VST/24.
In experimenting with using 2 monitors, I found that the
only device which can be moved out of the program window
boundry is the "transport bar".

In adding the "dual monitor" system, I was hoping that I can
have the monitor(mixer)window, effects window, and other
peripheral windows on one monitor and have the main window
on the other monitor.

Have you heard of similar cases and/or solutions?

Are you using the VST Remote feature?
If so, which "mixer" do you recommend?

I saw a demo at a Cubase Class and they were promoting
the "Motor Mixer" which supports 96 automated tracks with
a price range of about $700.00.  This seems attractive.

Sorry for all the questions Leo.

Thanks.

Steve "Curbie"