RE: Leo, Help!

Hello Andy,

Event Electronics Tech support is usually very
prompt.  Hmmm.  Maybe they are too busy working
on 24bit for the Gina??  Hmmmm.

As for the "crackling" vinyl sound on the Gina,
some musicians are seeking that exact effect.
Are you sure you want to get rid of it ?!?!

No, seriously now... (very stale humor, sorry)

Have you checked out the possibility of "static"?
If the "sizzle" comes back on and off, then perhaps
the problem might be "static electricity" messing
with your system.

Try neutralizing your computer system by touching
a metal part of the Gina card (at the port) and to
another metal component on the floor, possibly
not on the carpet (which as you know is the cause of
most static mayhem, along with our own bodies).

Also, perhaps the static problem and solution lies
somewhere else other than the Gina card.

Try checking your connecting lines, mixer, and
audio system by isolating each components and
testing them separtately without the Gina card
in the configuration.

If it is not "static", the Gina I/O ports might be
defective or damaged.  One way to check this
out is to gently giggle the cables while playing.

Another thing that comes to mind is that the
"sizzle" might have occured during the actual
recording, especially if the signal is "audio"
in which there might be a defective device in
your audio chain. (low battery, bad jacks, etc.)

In addition, TV, Radio, Stereo, Wireless Phones,
Kitchen appliances, Air-conditioning, and
anything electrical can cause temporary flux
of voltage if suddenly "turned on" or "off"
even if you have a "surge protector".

I know this is drastic but try using an electric
outlet that is drawing power separately from
the outside power line.  If this is too much to arrange
or not possible, then try using the particular electric
outlet from one side of the wall, just dedicated to
powering your computer system, not intermingling
with other instruments/devices' power source.

Without hearing the "sizzle" in action, I'm just
guessing the above.

I hope one of these will do the trick.
If not, take the Gina back to the dealer.
Event Electronics offers 1 year warantee for
repairs or exchange.

Good luck.

Steve "Curbie"