RE: Continuous Control

... Seems that there should be something out there that would allow me to plug in a big 'ol bunch of volume pedals into one device (and then translate it all to MIDI info) so that I could have a whole bunch of continuous control pedals going at one time.   ...

I have a device from ANATEK, I don't know if they still exist.  It allows you to use one volume pedal, and a push button switch and it outputs contiuous controller and button press MIDI info.  The box is small (about 1"x1"x2") costs under $100 and is powered from the MIDI device it is connected to (no batteries).  ANATEK made many small special purpose boxes (midi merge, channel translate, ...).  Maybe you can find them somewhere.