Re[2]: boomerang vs. headrush

Get a grip guys!

Just a note that Mr. Liebig has at least two looping devices... an EH-16
sec
delay *and* the Headrush. If there were any other good, small, non-midi
floor
based devices I'll bet he'd have them on his shopping list as well...
which
brings me to this point:

If you can only get one looper and *really* wont get another one, and
don't mind
a rack mount or large floor size, of course, Get the best one you can get.
EDP
or Boomerang... Boomerange is arguably the best currently available floor
unit
going despite the fact it's not MIDI... When the EH-16 reissue comes along
maybe
we can all argue the merits of that. I'm staying away from DAW based
solutions
right now just because. Those of you willing to hump computers to gigs,
more
power to ya! If small is what you want then the Headrush, Line 6, DOD DFX4
or
any of the shorter 2 sec delays with good 100% non disappearing feedback
are all
good choices and the more the merrier!

But now let's get real here... One looper!? You gotta be kidding! First
you need
a good cloud looper with variable feedback. Then you need a good long ass
delay
line, with many cool functions like the EDP. Then you need another freaky
delay,
multi-fx unit to spaz out your clouds,and spin off more loopage, and
another to
stereoize your long looper. Or two long loopers to get it in stereo
originally.
Don't forget some sort of analog filter bank to wump and whomp it and
crank on
that cutoff knob...

Admittedly, I come from the stereo, direct inject camp, and hump a
boatload of
gear and midi control wherever I go. Maybe the computer thing is another
step I
may arrive at sooner than I'd like...

Have a great weekend everyone!
-Miko

Steuart Liebig wrote...
> i don't have a boomerang, but i would think that the reverse and
>half/twice
> speed (right?) functions would be worth it. the headrush has neither. if
>you
> want those capabilities, i would go for it. or you could wait for the
>line 6
> thing to see how that works.

> i got the headrush because it was small, had echo simulation, digital
>and a
> tap-tempo looper (which my eh16 doesn't have). i think that the akai is
>fairly
> decent for what it does. no complaints except the somewhat confusing
>start or
> loop/end of loop switch interface (problem?) that others have mentioned.

Someone else wrote...