4-track/reznor's folly

Hey -

by the way, guys.  He was using a cassette 4-track not one of the ADA-88's
or
whatever DAT thing you guys are referring to.  I know because in the
article he
says they weren't affordable enough, but he was definitely going to use
them
the next time around.  The reason for using tape as backing was that some
of
the parts were too dumb to have a live musician playing them (ie repeated
16th
note bass lines, etc.).  There was apparently a full band otherwise.

Not to be a NIN defender (although I am a fan), but I just figured the
facts
should be the facts.  If anyone is interested, I have the article address
at
home.

Haven't heard from tascam yet - I don't know if I mentioned this before,
but
Rogue Music gave this thing a clean bill of health a while back, even
though I
was having problems, and I know my power is funky, so I thought it might
be the
problem.  Then again, Rogue isn't on Tascam's service list (not the site
anyway)...

MT

MT

===