Re: <OFF-TOPIC>

steven goodman said:

 "I don't think ANY artist/musician would be in love with the idea of never
getting paid for the work they do, much less the art they produce."

i think the last time i was paid for my "art" was playing for a small
dinner
party sometime in 1973.....and steven is correct, i am not "in love with
the
idea of never getting paid for the WORK....." this makes me wonder, why do
put so much time and energy and money into this thing we call
music?......i
think it simply is that i  must.........if i go for a few days and not
"play"
i get weird, i believe the confusion is in the two words....WORK and
PLAY......its the old "if a tree falls in the forest......" bit........am
any less a musician if i am not paid for my product........dont get me
wrong,
it would be more than sweet to never leave my little studio but if im not
working, im playing..........i promise, no more coffee after ten at
nite...........:).....michael