Re: Momentary Mute Pedal (not loop related)

I go the opposite way--my pedal gives a momentary "on" when stepped on--but
it would be no biggie to flip it.  I use a custom synth module based on a
CEM VCA chip, and the "pedal" is just a Radio Shack momentary switch that
pumps it 5 volts to open it up.  Unfortunately you probably don't want to
buy an analog synth VCA to accomplish what you're doing, but you might get
a used half-rack dbx gate or something like that and rig up a footswitch.
Also unfortunately--don't figure on just putting your signal through a
simple mechanical switch.  It will pop.  I think a good solution might be a
design based on Craig Anderton's "electronic foot switch" in "Electronic
Projects For Musicians", but it would take some reworking.  It doesn't
sound like you're too much into DIY though, so maybe all this is lost
breath....

David Myers