Re: No electricity? Mountain loops...

>maybe this is why they built such big places in the old
>days........natural
>delay.......made me think of the 10 trombonists in the 186 foot
>underground
>cistern that had a 45 sec reverb........also mr goodmans tunnel.........i
>guess i would put the guitar down and try to get the loudest movable
>soundmaker i could find and go out in search of  delay.......michael

I have been born close to the alps and one of my very early experiences up
in the valeys was this natural delay. Not reverb! A distinct repetition of
a word you shout toards the other side of the valey, coming back a second
later - amazing.
It influenced the music of the mountains. The repetitions are not loud
enough to be able to play to it  as we do, but they give an ambience that
inspires to play slow and sustained: Alphorn.

         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org