Re: RE: fwd:fwd:etc.hey it hurts -- Kb and KB

> Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com wrote:
> Loopers-Delight-d Digest                               Volume 99 : Issue
>400

> Subject: RE: fwd:fwd:etc.hey it hurts -- Kb and KB
> From: "Javier Miranda V." <gnominus@earthling.net>
>
> I would also like everybody to start saying what they mean: "Kb" is not
> the same as "KB."
> In computer circles, the letter "K" is always uppercase.  Also, computer
> people tried to have the letter "K" be uppercase for binary systems and
> lowercase for decimal systems, but nobody pays any attention to that.
> Let's be on the same page about this.
>
> OK, now everybody, how many bits in a byte?

Now let's see...  If there are four bits (binary digits) in a nybble
and two nybbles in a byte, then there must be eight bits in a byte.
What's your word size?  :-)
--
Bill    >>> home: billfox@fast.net      work: billfox@lucent.com
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at