Re: Headrush question and alternate loopers discussion...

> also the headrush is an akai product which is not going to be difficult
>to have replaced or serviced or go out of production anytime soon.

hahahahahahahahaha... They're a big company all right... but so is Korg
and they discontinued the  DL8000R Delay AND the AM8000R multi-effect
processor before they were even a year old.

I've heard these used by a couple friends now with great results... Very
good midi interface etc. Just very poorly received by the general public.
They were actually reviewed very well by more than a couple magazines with
the exception of the DL delay getting low marks for user i/f...

This is fellow list member David Coffin's main looper and believe me...
it's a looping beast! You can modulate the multi tap delays with various
waveforms etc. 5 secs stereo / 10 secs mono. Each of the multi-taps is
tempo assignable with various divisors allowing you to make clicks and
pops jump into looping polyrythyms. It's one of the deepest tap tempo
delays out there.

And it's now going to be one of those relics which pop up in the odd rack
from time to time just like the Digitech RDS series.

Miko Biffle      "Running scared from all the usual distractions..."
mbiffle@svg.com