Re: Introduction & Headrush Question

Kim,

I dont get no "gearis - gearus envy" in the loop area. At least not at the
moment :-)

I got a headrush because of  #1 cost ($169 US Dollars - No tax ),
effectiveness, size and simplicity.  Those 4 things were main factors...&
no,
i disagree with you because its not necessarily going back...not at all &
i'll try to explain why.

BTW, the jamman was also touchy in certain applications which was probably
more to do with the particular unit i had than with the state or quality
of
all jammen en masse. but with the headrush, its a pretty even keel where
im
at and from what i was using before with some exceptions i dont really get
boo-hooed over not having but with a sorta retro tape cartridge based
sound
to it i feel like im 12 again but not necessarily steppin back inside the
"way-back" machine.

also im of the opinion that the quality of any loop is in what the player
puts inside or leaves out along with the quality of the gear to a certain
degree but still with the musician being the main ingredient.

Theres no doubt that the headrush has basic but not expanded flexibility
in
areas of loop - time, including the basic variations such as feedback,
level
and HF trim plus the head gap features.

Now the jamman on the other hand was not maxed out in terms of memory - it
was just out of da' box and never modified so i see it sorta as a lateral
move with the headrush but not a step down in any way at all. also i got
the
jamman for free; cant beat that price. It was inherited from a musician
friend who decided that he was going to go corporate and give up music.

in regards to products coming and going, sure they all do but the demand
for
headrush's seems to be very high. & its very hard to find them here in
philly
cause they have been selling very fast it seems. also the manufacturer is
one
that has a product that can be supported or in the case of the headrush u
could probably look at it in terms of price where it can be replaced
easilly
if necessary. if there ever is a problem with my headrush, i can count on
finding an Akai e-1 in a pinch. also, chances are there will be lots of
headrushes for quite while or so it seems to these eyes. & its a good fit
for
me.

But in terms of MIDI syncing and or having more variation and control,
clearly u dont and will not find that with a headrush - i dont and
logically
cant say the headrush is the answer to all things u would ever need to
loop
because it isnt. I'm just saying for me it fits perfectly for what i do
and
really need at the moment.

I dont look to sync my textured loops and if i do its a sample of a loop
that
is worked chained together and or treated in acid or the sound forge 4.5
prg
i have.

for other stuff such as morphing like effects and more esoteric sounds or
samples,  they will come from my sp202 and or a combo of the gt-3 or gr-30
or
ensoniq asr 10 and my trusty zoom 234 drum machine for the riddem'.

Gotta say 11.9 secs or 23 seconds loop time is plenty for me & i dig the
limitations too and was going to point out the limitations in my original
post but kinda let slide.

Its easy to get intuitive with the head rush and be a lot closer to making
the loop ring - and once again the $169 price tag rings my bell and meets
me
smiling for what i get out of it :)

Regards,
JP